Riley RMB 1946
Riley introduced their 2.5 litre ‘RMB’ in 1946. Riley’s first post-war, full sized saloon, it utilised a wooden from and used a 2443cc, 4-cylinder engine that employed twin SU carburettors to produce an initial 90bhp, with 100bhp available from 1948. Visually similar to the 1.5 litre RMA that was produced alongside it, the RMB was longer overall with a larger wheelbase for greater comfort. Its performance was also far greater, with claims of 100mph being achievable. In 1949 production switched from Coventry to the MG factory in Abingdon, where production ended in 1952 after only 6900 RMBs were produced.
- Collage: Features over 150 watch part components
- Weight: 0.685 kg (1.5 lb)
- Frame Dimensions: 35.5 x 17.5cm (14″ x 7″)